Garth loves camping under the stars with his Arb III, scuba diving, snorkeling, and also tanning. His favourite snorkel spots include Alanya (Turkey), Koh Rong (Cambodia), and Maui (Hawaii, USA).
He also loves to visit the cenotes in Mexico and he recommends everyone reads the book, “The Soul of an Octopus”, because, he says “they are sensitive, just like me”.
Coming in at #1 on our review list is the ThorFire Scuba Diving Flashlight.
When we get into covering this flashlight, you’ll see why it is clearly and unequivocally head and shoulders above the rest of the competition.
We are not exaggerating when we say, if you’re looking for the best dive light that money can buy, get the ThorFire.
From the outlook, this device conveys the appearance of something that is extremely powerful, perhaps too powerful, for any normal diver. We’re just kidding, but the device is quite bulky despite its somewhat small size. It comes equipped with a handle on the side of the dive light, that allows it to be carried in a way similar to a lantern. What is most apparent about the design of this dive light is that there are actually three separate circles that illuminate, versus just one, like most dive lights. That means there are three different bulbs installed within the light, which is absolutely insane. It has an all rubber exterior, so it provides excellent grip for the diver.
This is where the Thorfire Scuba Diving Flashlight truly takes the throne as the best in the entire industry, and for good reason, as you’ll see below:
- Three-display modes: There are three different light display modes on the device, which is already a feature that is remarkably different than any of the other dive lights available on our list. The different displays toggle between the low mode, medium mode, and the high setting as well.
- Super-Bright setting: When all of the lights are on at full blast, it is able to display light up to 2000 lumens. This is one of the best features of the ThorFire Scuba Diving Flashlight. The 2,000 lumen capability renders it twice as effective at displaying things underwater than any other dive light that we have covered in our list of the best dive lights. It’s obvious that in order to explore under the ocean’s surface, you need adequate light. This is easily the most potent feature on the entire device.
- Multi-purpose: You can use this light for a wide range of purposes besides scuba diving. This is really unrelated, but it makes the dive light all the more useful. Whether you’re just doing regular physical activity, need a light when the electricity surges, or a power line goes out, or you’re in a dark space at night, this light is still useful. The versatility of this device is absolutely unprecedented.
- Durable aircraft aluminum – The material that this dive light is made of, is designed for toughness and longevity. This is an important feature because it ensures that you’ll probably be able to use it forever.
- Bulb: 3x Cree XP-L LED. This is one of the most powerful bulbs on the entire market. It’s actually twice as powerful as the bulb that we covered in #2, and if you remember, we gushed over that one. This one actually lasts twice as long as the bulb in #2, going for a total of 100,000 hours before it needs to be replaced. In other words, it’s more likely that you’ll die before you need to replace one of the bulbs in this bad boy.
- Weight: This device weighs in at . 578 grams, which makes it the heaviest flashlight on the list. However, given the vast array of other great features, and the device’s overall capability, we feel that the trade-off is rather insignificant. The difference between 20 ounces and 14 ounces is very negligible, especially when immersed underwater.
- Multi-purpose water activities: In addition to being usable for a wide range of activities that don’t have to do with the ocean at all, it is still usable for many other ocean activities. Tasks such as fishing, snorkeling, or just swimming are all compatible activities with this dive light. This is because the power of the light actually has the ability to penetrate the water from above the surface. A dive light of that level of capability is nearly unprecedented, all things considered.
One of the main reasons that we selected this dive light to be #1 on our list of dive lights is the fact that it is so powerful, compared to all of the other dive lights. All of the bells and whistles aside, the main function of a dive light is to illuminate your path under the water. Therefore, if there is a dive light that it is demonstrably better than all other dive lights at producing light capable of allowing individuals to see more clearly underwater, then we are forced to conclude that it is the best. Not only is this device capable of doing so, it stands heads and shoulders above the rest of the dive lights on the market right now in terms of specifications. We guarantee that you will not be disappointed if you’re able to get your hands on the Thorfire Scuba Diving Flashlight .