We Review the St. Croix Bass X Casting Rod
Note: Modulus is a fancy word for “strength” or how much flexibility the rod has. In the manufacturing process, heat is used on fibers to make the fishing rod strong, and at the same time flexible. Flexibility gives you the speed you are after. The more heat they use to do this, the more it will cost you.
The price is right too, at approximately $100, and there are 14 models from which to choose. We compare 8 of these models below. These rods are made for the millennials!
The rod looks good and feels great! We are sure you will be a hit with all your fishermen/women friends, around the watering hole. What more could you ask for than a Bass X rod? You might want to use it in a competition, and we suggest that you do that with this rod. You won’t regret it.
Did we forget to mention some of its special features!
It has hard aluminum oxide guides, with the black frames, and a Fuji ECS reel seat, with a black hood on the casting models. Oh, and there are two coats of Flex Coat Slow Cure Finish on the rods, just in case you were wondering. You will also love the Split Grip premium grade Cork Handle with EVA trim. I can’t forget that.
St. Croix Bass X Rods
These fishing rods are definitely unique and in a class of their own. It has something to do with the partnership between the designer and the engineer. These fellows and ladies have come up with the integrated Poly Curve and Advanced Reinforcing Technology. They refused to let any of their fishing rods hit the assembly line without knowing that they will out perform all others on the market today.
They know that a great fishing rod begins with a great design, and the highest quality blank materials. The experts take over and apply the best techniques and processes there are. The result is the Bass X!
Important St. Croix Bass X Details to Remember
- St. Croix uses the “Bx” to stand for bass x rods.
- The “C” stands for casting.
- 74 would mean 7 feet 4 inches (7’4”) in length.
- The weight is measured in ounces i.e. 4.7 oz.
- Your average angler might feel more comfortable with the 6’6”.
- The “pro” would probably use the 7’+ model.
- Under 7 feet, will give the angler better casting accuracy, while over 7 feet will have added distance to the casting. Maybe you would want both.
Reviews about the St. Croix Bass X Casting Rods
- 5 out of 5 stars
- medium heavy power
- fast action
- beyond satisfied
- performed amazingly
- landed 2.5 pound large mouth bass with this rod
- highly recommended
- great quality
- strong and light
- works great with Shimano Symmetry 2500 spinning reel
- great for drop shot fishing
- the best rod on Earth
- handcrafted quality
- love the graphite blanks covered with 2 layers of Flex Coat
- series of lengths and tapers available
- hard aluminum oxide finish
- top Fuji reel seats
- premium split grip handles
- EVA trim
- matte black finish which brings the rod into the modern world
- designed for serious anglers
- superior performance
- St. Croix Bass X Options
Note: The rod handle lengths are measured from the butt of the rod to the top of the fore grip.
- 6’8”/ extra fast/ line 8 to 14 lbs./ lure 1/4 to 5/8 oz./ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast A/ handle length is 14”/ price = $100
- 7’1/ fast/ line 10 to 17 lbs./ lure 1/4 to 5/8 oz./ guide 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast A/ handle length is 14”/ price = $100
- 7’1”/ medium heavy/ line 12 to 20 lbs./ lure 3/8 to 1oz./ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast B/ handle length is 15”/ price = $100
- 7’2”/ medium heavy/ line 10 to 20 lbs./ lure 3/8 to 1oz./ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast B/ handle length is 15”/ price = $100
- 7’4”/ medium heavy/ line 12 to 25 lbs./ lure 3/8 to 1 and 1/4oz. / guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast C/ handle length is 16”/ price = $110
- 7’4”/ fast/ line 14 to 25 lbs./ lure 3/8 to 1 and 1/2 oz./ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast C/ handle length is 16”/ price = $110
- 7’10”/ heavy/ line 14 to 30 lbs./ lure 1 to 4oz./ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast D/ handle length is 20”/ price = $110
- 7’11”/ heavy/ line 14 to 30 lbs./ lure 1/2 to 2 oz/ guides 7+tip/ handle type is Bass X Cast C/ handle length is 16”/ price = $110
In Summary …
St. Croix Bass X is a 14 model series of 10 casting rods and 4 spinning rods. This series of rods is ready to assist you in your world of top water, shaky heads and crank baits. Enjoy the workmanship from St. Croix!!!!