Slick Lizard Bodyboard Review
Coming in at #4 on our list of Best Boogie and Body Boards was the Slick Lizard Bodyboard. This board is one of the best that you can find in the industry, and as such is something that you should really consider purchasing, if you are looking to get yourself one of the more outstanding boards that are currently available.
The Board’s Design
As we mentioned in our initial summary review, the board’s design is something that definitely sparks the curiosity, and, as such, is an aesthetically pleasing board for that reason. The size of the board is 33 inches, which is a length that is very convenient for smaller children that are probably between the ages of 6-14. However, the board also comes in an alternate length of 37 inches as well, if longer is needed. The baby blue primary coloring of the board with the unique company designs splattered across the front of it, give it more of a grungy, surfboard feel, which we think is a huge plus. According to the information given with the board, the design was customized by JGR Copa.
Materials and Construction
This is an area where the board shines particularly well. There are a multitude of features that accompany this board, and as such, there are infinite reasons to talk about why this board is a great option for anyone looking to purchase one of the higher-quality boogie boards that the market has to offer.
- The board comes equipped with a high-performance IXPE deck. This refers to the type of material that the board is made of. XPE is a polyethylene material. IXPE is basically like an enhanced version of this material, making the board significantly more durable. It also makes the board ‘stronger’ as well, so this is one of the materials that we were definitely excited to see. In addition, it can give the board the ability to ride smoother, and absorb some of the shock that one feels as they pass over different surfaces at the beach.
- Bat-Shape Tail. This may not seem like a big deal, but it actually makes a significant difference. If the board has a bat-shaped tail, then you can definitely expect the board to be able to maneuver and function better than it would without the incorporation of this feature.
- Slick Back. The slick back on this body board indicates that it probably has an HDPE layer. This is important because it helps to increase the overall resistance of the board while it is in use. In addition, this also enhances the maneuverability of the board. This is a trait that is highly desired while one is figuring out how the board functions and operates, especially if the operators are smaller children.
- It comes equipped with a urethane straight leash. This type of leash is one of the better ones to have, when you’re giving a boogie board to children. The leash itself actually extends when its put under pressure. This is perfect for children because it’s no secret that they like to apply all types of stress on their toys and possessions, which can easily lead to greater wear and tear over the years. However, the leash is one thing that you do not want to be susceptible to wear and tear. It’s important to remember that this leash is the connection between your child and the boogie board, which can ultimately be used as a floatation device if they ever find themselves too far from shore for some reason. Therefore, the durability of this portion of the boogie board is a huge plus that we were really satisfied and pleased with.
- XPS Core. This type of core is highly favorable in many boogie boards, and when evaluated in light of the other materials that this board is incorporated with, it’s very easy to see why this is one of the superior boards that is available on the market. It is lighter than the other two types of core materials that you typically see on other boogie boards and it’s great, if it’s being used on a board that one wants to have for immediate riding without wait. You would definitely want to have this on a board that you were intending to give to small children, because there is no particular learning curve when using a board that has this type of material in its core. This is because it allows for greater balancing, as well as smoother riding, at the slight sacrifice of some higher-end performance.
In conclusion, the Slick Lizard Body Board is easily one of the better boards that you can find on the market, period. It is not that expensive at all, and it is indisputably one of the better boards that one can find out there on the market. Thus, if you have the money to purchase this board for your child, then we would absolutely recommend that you do so at your earliest convenience, before prices raise!