Razor dirt bikes are becoming pretty numerous within neighborhoods across America, but the adventure does not stop where the sidewalk ends.
With the “MX350 Dirt Rocket Motocross Bike” brought to the line, Razor introduced off-road riders a new way to ride… especially for those who aren’t afraid of dirt and getting messy.
The MX350 Dirt Rocket has received a ton of toy awards, as well high praised words in Sports Illustration for Kids.
This scaled down version of a gas dirt bike that is electric powered is a fun way for younger riders to live out their off-road fantasies. With a high torque motor, that dirt hill has got nothin’ on you.
My Review – Features Worth Noting
Large knobby pneumatic tires – These tires are geared for the dirt with large 12-inch tires for the most power transfer you can get.
Speeds up to 12mph – At speeds up to 12 miles per an hour, the MX350 leaves most pocket bikes in the dust!
Chain-driven high torque electric motor – This motor is single speed, so it’s not adjustable and doesn’t have a parent speed lock. It is a chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control for super quiet, yet super powerful operation.
Adjustable riser handlebars and Dual suspension – Great dual suspension and adjustable riser handlebars for a smooth and comfortable ride.
Let’s take a quick look at this bike in action.
A Few Of My Gripes
When you get this bike, you may have to make adjustments to make it perfect for you. When I bought it as a Christmas gift for my nephew, who lives with me (he is 9), the wheel would spin at times and not go anywhere.
We finally realized that the chain was not connected, as it would fall off, or loosen during rough terrain riding.
A quick hack for this faulty part would be to purchase your own tension spring that would be stronger…. maybe a small one for a child size dirt bike would do the trick.
The only thing when buying this, is that the dirt bike doesn’t have a line of training wheels.
If you want, you can buy training wheels that are off-market, meant for gas dirt bikes.
However, keep in mind that if your child can’t balance on a motorcycle, they shouldn’t be riding one in the first place, and should be learning to ride a bike first.
Can Young Children Ride This Bike?
Though the bike says it is for ages 13 and up, I have a neighbour whose 9 year old rides just fine. He had to replace a faulty handlebar (due to the bolt), with an off market handlebar, turning his dirt bike into a cruiser bike.
When it comes to size, it all depends on the child. When it comes to this bike, size and weight really do matter. Charging is definitely a drawback, as it charges for 11 hours, and only lets you ride it for 30 minutes at a time.
Here are a few more points about this Razor MX350 I jotted down. Hope they help!
- This bike is a cool scaled down version of a motocross off road, battery-powered electric dirt bike.
- The main part that I was concerned about was for noise, but this bike tackles all of that with its super silent electric motor.
- This dirt bike is a single speed, and chain driven acceleration is controlled through the twist grip throttle.
- The wheels are large knobby tires; with a built in hand controlled rear brake.
- Can top speeds up to 1 4 miles per hour without pedaling at all.
- This bike is designed for users thirteen and up, but I think it fits ages 9-12 years old just fine.
- This dirt bike lets younger users ride out all of their off-road fantasies. Even though the Dirt Rocket MX350 is a scaled-down version of a regular dirt bike, it’s is pretty close in usage…only the motor is electric with a limit per a use.
- The dirt bike allows you to ride for 30 minutes straight per charge.
- The construction of the bike seems very sturdy to me, and with the stainless steel frame, it adds to the that trusted layer of durability.
- High torque, makes this chain driven motor a champ at climbing hills and steep corners.
- Twist-grip gas control.
- Hand controlled rear brake.
- The large pneumatic knobby tires are great for drifting, and leaving your friends in the dust.
- The handlebars are adjustable and rise to your liking.
- A retractable kickstand comes in handy for kids who like to dump their bike and run off.
- Folding foot pegs stay out of the way when riding, for riders who don’t like to use them.
- The bike comes with two 12 volt batteries sealed together creating a lead acid rechargeable battery system.
- A battery charger comes with the bike when shipped, unlike other bike companies some require a separate purchase.
- Some assembly is required.