Coming in at #5 on our list of the best metal detectors out there on the market is the Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV, and with good reason.
There is a plethora of reasons why we believe that this is one of the best metal detectors out there, and we’ll give a thorough review of the Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV to give you a better idea of why.
Aesthetically, this device has a very professional, sleek design.
It doesn’t look overly complicated or obtrusive on its face, which is always a positive. The controls on the metal detector appear to be very intuitive in nature.
The device has an all-black design which looks pretty nice as well.
This is where we cover all of the best parts of this device, feature-wise. We’ll go down the list of the most prominent features and then explain each:
- Padded Armrest. This feature is very self-explanatory, of course. However, it is worth note because you want to make sure that you’re comfortable while you’re out searching!
- Adjustable Height. Once again another feature that maximizes comfortability.
- Motion All–Metal Mode. This basically works in the way that the name suggests. If you are in an area where there may be multiple things that have a tendency to set off your metal detector, such as a dump, or excavation site that may have a lot of debris and other useless scrap items, then this mode is crucial. It basically allows your metal detector to ‘filter’ out everything but the substances that are completely all metal. This feature is an extraordinary benefit to have on any metal detector device, and a huge reason why we notched this one so high.
- Discrimination Mode. Discrimination mode is another very fancy feature on metal detectors. Basically, discrimination mode allows your metal detector to ‘discriminate’, or leave out certain types of items in its search. This can be extremely useful, if you are looking for just one specific target, instead of a plethora of items.
- Disc/Notch Control. This is another big feature of the Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV metal detector that allows users to properly distinguish, beforehand, while they are searching/exploring whether the item that they have found is something that is desirable or not. This is somewhat similar to the discrimination mode feature on the device.
- Preset Ground Balance. This is a really big feature on this B,H. metal detector because it helps neutralize all responses to the mineral content in the ground. This is extremely crucial because metal detectors that do not have this feature are often susceptible to creating false positives, simply because they are always identifying materials in mineral-rich ground that may not actually correspond with any sort of value. However, because of the mineral content, which is essentially a metal, the B,H,registers it anyway.
- 2-Tone Audio Mode. This is another huge feature that you may find on a lot of metal detectors nowadays. This is known by many hobbyists and experts in the field, as ‘tonal discrimination’. As we mentioned earlier with our covering of the ‘discrimination’ feature for the Bounty Hunter TK4, the use of discrimination features makes it easier for one to stop the metal detector from picking up on items that the user may not want to discover. Similarly, the 2-Tone Audio Mode does the same thing, except through the use of the tones that some items give back to the metal detector.
- Decent Depth. The depth on this metal detector is not the most outstanding out of all of the metal detectors that we have covered, however, it is definitely sufficient for the purposes of exploring out on the beach. It goes down about half of a foot with superb accuracy, so if you’re looking for something that is not buried too deep in the sand (which qualifies countless items on the beach), then this metal detector will definitely get the job done for you.
- Easy to Use. This is another great feature of the metal detector, because you never want to pick up something that is just too difficult to use. The user friendly interface and simplicity of design is something that serves the ‘newbie,’ or the beginning hobbyist very well.
In conclusion, this is easily one of the better metal detectors that you can find on the market. With its several different modes of discrimination, you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for, when you take this bad boy out for a ‘spin’.
Aesthetically, it’s a great metal detector to have, and there also isn’t much of a learning curve for those who are new to using metal detectors, which is a huge plus for our beginning hobbyists. The device is powerful and has a proven level of effectiveness as well.
If you’re new to the hobby of metal detecting, or you just want to see what it’s all about, then we’d strongly recommend that you go out and purchase this metal detector. It’s a high-quality device that we’d recommend anyone use.
Watch this video review which shows how to operate the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV by way of a demonstration to get even more info!