Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter Review
The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is an easy riding electric scooter product by Razor. It comes in a variety of different colors such as purple, black, pink, mint, and red.
The red actually comes in three different styles: red and white trim, a ladybug version, and an exclusive red and black version. It has a Euro style that is very sleek, and is a big hit for older children and teens.
This mini electric scooter makes getting around easier when driving isn’t an option. It can go up to speeds of 10 mph, and was created for kids 12 and older, but to be quite honest, adults who don’t weigh too much can easily ride it too. It has many practical uses, in addition to being really fun. I mean, just look at this sweet little ride!
Safety equipment is required while riding the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter. Prices vary based on the color and model, the Sweet Pea model being one of the cheaper of the colors. The exclusive colors and the Ladybug version seem to be the most expensive.
The Razor Pocket mod can go to speeds up to 10 mph on the 250-watt electric battery, which is the perfect speed for children looking to ride their Pocket Mod around the neighbourhood, to run errands or see friends.
There is also storage available under the seat to hold a book bag, groceries, or even a helmet. Anything the rider may need to store, can be put under the seat to keep hands free for safe driving.
About Razor Bikes
Razor began in the United States in June of 2000 in Cerritos, California. They began by making a new version of the traditional kick scooter.
They have since created electric versions of this scooter, as well as numerous other forms of ride-on toys. Some of the favorites are the Razor Rip Rider 360 and the Ground Force Go.
With new technologies available, they have made themselves one of the most popular names in kid ride-on toys, as well as scooters.
They have many versions of the miniature electric scooter. The particular sweet pea version with streamers in the handles was released in March of 2009.
Razor has won many awards for their products. They’ve been awarded prizes as well for their outstanding products of the year, from companies such as Nick Jr., Parents, Parenting, Sports Illustrated for Kids, TIME, and U.S. News & World.
Razor Pocket Mod Specs
- High Torque Motor with Chain Drive for a quiet drive
- 24V battery with a sealed lead acid system
- They’ve even increased the battery power to 250 watts
- Charge your battery within 12 hours, isn’t that a zippy?
- Continuous driving time of 30 minutes
- UL approved battery charger
- Tools included for assembly
- Scooter weighs 59 pounds
- There is some assembly required, but even my 10 year old can do it!
- Children ages 5 – 12 will love this thing!
- Catch up to your friends zooming 10 mph
Razor Pocket Mod Electric Scooter Safety Features
The Razor Sweet Pea Pocket Mod has several safety features to make sure children are staying safe while riding this ride-on scooter.
- 12” large pneumatic tires make for a smooth ride even on a bumpy terrain
- The steel construction is very durable and meant to last
- The scooter is operated by a hand accelerator and hand brake to make it easier for children to operate
- Retractable center mount kickstand to keep scooter upright when not in use.
- Storage compartment under the seat for the rider to store any necessary items while riding.
- Plenty of seat and foot room gives the driver extra balance while driving to enhance steering for a smooth and easy ride.
The Razor Pocket Mod is a high-quality electric scooter!
While some electric scooters are loud, and may bother others around the operator, the Razor Pocket Mod is not. Its electric single speed engine is very quiet, which allows for a noise free ride. While it is made by the same company as the kick scooter, given its size, it does not allow for the same turn radius.
Riders should ride slowly until they are familiar and comfortable with the operations of the electric scooter. That being said, most riders should be able to learn to use it easily, especially if they already know how to ride a bike.
The battery life of the Razor Pocket Mod Sweet Pea is long enough for any short rides around the neighbourhood.
As long as the rider is charging in between rides, there should be no issues with batteries dying during a ride. Some assembly is required for the Razor Pocket Mod, but it is very easy assembly. It should take no more than an hour to completely assemble, and all necessary tools are already included with the scooter.
Overall, this is a great product for children and teens who want a convenient way to get around town.