Orcatorch D520 Diving Flashlight Review
Coming in at #4 on our list of the best dive lights out there on the market is the Orcatorch D520. This is one of the better dive lights for several reasons, and one that will do an excellent job accommodating both beginners and experts alike. If you’re looking for a very diverse dive light at a very affordable price, then the Orcatorch D520 is the perfect fit for you. Read our full review below to find out more…
We really like the aesthetics on this dive light. Like #5 on our list, it has a very compact shape, although it appears to be even more compact, as it is shorter in length. That’s a huge plus for us and something that we’re sure you’ll find to be a bonus as well. The design of the light is an all black exterior, and it appears as though the material is made out of solid metal, so you know you’re getting a pretty durable device. The circumference of the beam on the light is not huge, but don’t let that fool you. This thing can still pack a punch when it wants to!
There are a vast array of features on this dive light that impressed us. We have a more in-depth description of the numerous features associated with this dive light below:
- 1000-Lumens: The fact that this dive light has 1,000 lumens makes it one of the more powerful dive lights currently out on the market. There are numerous reasons why this is useful for divers. However, before explaining those reasons, it’s important that we first cover the meaning of lumen. Lumens, as they pertain to dive lights refer to the total amount of light emitted per unit solid angle of one steradian from a uniform source of one candela, according to the official physics definition provided by Google’s dictionary. To put that in plain English, this light can shine really bright. This is helpful for two reasons: (1) this greatly enhances your experience while diving and (2) it increases your safety while you’re out there!
- Multifunctional battery charging: This is another crucial feature that is included in this dive light. Basically, what multifunctional battery charging allows you to change the voltages, and the rate of usage and charging, at your discretion. This gives you greater autonomy over how your device is to be used.
- 150-Meter Depth of Usage: This is another crucial feature of the dive light for obvious reasons. In comparison to other dive lights on the market, especially ones that are comparably priced, 150 meters is a substantial distance for the dive light to work. You’ll be sure to enjoy your diving experience with the ability to see with absolute clarity up to 150 meters deep in the water. This is crucial for your experience diving because you’ll be able to explore almost everything you need to do within that depth. Any further than that is usually the danger zone as far as diving is concerned. In addition, this is great for safety. If you happen to go out a little further than what you originally intended, you can be sure that the dive light will keep you protected because even past 150 meters, it still has some level of effectiveness, however, it will be greatly decreased the further away you are.
- Mechanical rotary switch: This is an innovation that increases the total level of reliability that one will have while diving with it. Basically what this feature does, is allow you to change the total strength of the dive light while you’re out in the water. This is crucial because you’ll need to adjust the light to different levels at different times. In addition, the rotary switch is extremely simple to use, meaning that you won’t have to waste excess time or mental energy trying to figure out how to get it to work!
- Max beam distance: This is different than depth, so pay attention closely to this one! The max beam distance of this device is 250 meters. What that means is that when you do shine the beam underwater, it should illuminate your path up to 250 meters. This is essential because it means that you won’t have any trouble exploring and seeing objects that are several feet away from you. This provides a substantial advance for divers, as well as an added safety feature, making it well worth the price
In conclusion, this is one of the better dive lights that you can get on the market. It is very inexpensive, efficient, easy to use, and extremely powerful as well. What’s there not to like?